The evening’s participants — site links and RSS feeds:
- MJ from Urbanista.ca
- Isabella Mori from Change Therapy
- Maktaaq from Maktaaq
- Monica Hamburg from MonicaHamburg.com, MonicaHamburg.blogspot.com (“Your Dose of Lunacy”) , Me Like the Interweb , and many other places.
- Jeremy Lim from Marketing Ruined My Life
- Me from A Great Dane in Vancouver
- Matt Musselman from Onomatopoeia
- Al Pasternak from BokashiMan.com and Great Day Bokashi
- David Drucker from LoudMurmurs.com and Drucker.ca
- Carol Sill from CarolSill.WordPress.com
- The ups and downs of writing for a group blog, specifically Metroblogging Vancouver.
- Facebook: Interesting and useless add-on applications; applications that over-do the viral aspect by giving users strong incentives to invite dozens of other users.
- The recent computer theft at the Workspace offices in Water St, downtown Vancouver, where one of the stolen computers continued to upload pictures of its new “owner” to Flickr.
- Some people are so bad writers that their blogs can become unreadably boring despite the writer’s interesting hobbies, lifestyles or sexual preferences.
- One specific reason some BC people feel isolated from Canada as a whole: When there’s an election, the national result is often announced seconds after the BC polls close, i.e. before the BC votes have been counted.
- A few people in the crowd had seen several movies during the current Vancouver International Film Festival.
Here are some other Vancouver blogger Meetup recaps from the archives:
- September 2007; July 2007; April 2007; March 2007
- April 2006
- August 2005 (picnic style); February 2005
- December 2004; November 2004 (the Dave Winer special that was organized outside of Meetup); July 2004
No related posts.
Leave a Reply